Healthy Diet Recipes: Flatbread Pizzas
These are a great weekend lunch to rustle up for all the family, served with a green salad – it’s really easy to double-up the quantities. Alternatively, cut each pizza into wedges and serve as a snack. If you’re eating it with children, let them choose their favourite toppings or use up what is in the fridge. It’s so simple they could probably make it themselves. You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below:
- 2 seeded tortilla or pitta
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ medium orange pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- ½ small courgette, cut into ribbons using a peeler
- 40 g low-fat cheddar cheese about 10 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat a fan oven to 180°C.
- Spread each tortilla with tomato purée, top with the rest of the ingredients finishing with cheese.
- Bake on a baking tray for around 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.