Ham and Bean Fried Rice Recipe
The perfect side dish or lunch time snack.
- 3 tbsps oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 oz ham, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 oz green beans, cut in thin, diagonal slices
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a browning dish 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Pour in half the oil and half the beaten egg and cook for 30 seconds on HIGH on one side.
- Turn over and cook for 30 seconds on the second side.
- Keep the egg warm and add the remaining oil to the dish.
- Heat for 1 minute on HIGH and add the ham. Cover the dish and cook for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Add the rice and cook, covered, for 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Add the beans, soy sauce, onions and seasoning. Cook 1 minute on HIGH and toss the ingredients to mix well.
- Slice the eggs into thin strips and scatter over the top of the rice. Cover the dish and leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. #TIME: Preparation takes 15 minutes, microwave cooking takes 9 minutes plus 2 minutes standing time.# #VARIATION: Substitute other vegetables such as mushrooms for the green beans.#