Grilled Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 750 g / 1 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 3 – 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- #Cook the tomatoes a few hours ahead of serving time so that there will be plenty of time for the tomatoes to cool. Serve with other ‘mezes’ or ‘tapas’ on a summer dinner table.# Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Toss the tomatoes in the olive oil to coat. Season and spread on an ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle garlic slices and place thyme sprigs among tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 10 minutes until beginning to burst and brown. Lower oven temperature to the lowest degree and roast for another hour.
- Watch carefully. The tomatoes should not char.