Easy Chicken Stew Recipe | Homemade
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (You can substitute Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil if you cannot f Avocado Oil)
- 6 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika (be sure to get the smoked kind)
- 1 clove Chopped garlicor more to taste
- 1 cup Chicken broth (l’m a big fan of Pacific Natural Foods Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth)
- 1/4 cup Sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup Sliced, pitted. Kalamata olives
- 2 sliced bell peppers, either red, orange or yellow, or combination.
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- #Today, this recipe is best known as Stew Chicken, but in my time it was called Fricasseed Chicken. Wash the chicken and make sure to dry it with paper towel to remove any water before frying. “Tender golden brown chicken that goes great with anything.”# Place chicken pieces, paprika and one tablespoon of the Avocado Oil into a zipper gallon bag and be sure all pieces are coated with the paprika. Place chicken pieces into an electric skillet, or a large stovetop skillet and allow chicken to just brown on the outside (about 3-4 minutes).
- Do not overcook it at this point if you use the breast. You don’t want it to be quite cooked through yet. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil to your skillet. Add the sliced peppers and cook until just softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic. Cook an additional 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes. Add olives and raisins, and allow to simmer another 2 minutes.
- Finally, re-introduce the chicken to the skillet. Cover, and simmer 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Serve stew over brown rice, along with a side salad.