PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 25 min
READY TIME: 35 min
CALORIES: 140 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 250 g (8 oz) split red lentils
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.2 litres (2 pints) Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Very low-fat natural yogurt
- Snipped fresh chives or finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils and all the vegetables are tender.
2 Allow the soup to cool slightly and remove the hay leaf. Puree the soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3 Return the soup to a clean saucepan, season with pepper, and heat through. To serve, transfer to heated soup plates or bowls, garnishing each portion with a swirl of yogurt and a sprinkling of chives or parsley.
- Calories: 140 Kcal
- Protein: 10 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 25 g