Conchigliette Soup | Easy Pasta Recipes
An incredibly speedy soup that has a wonderful, fresh flavour, yet is made almost entirely from ingredients found in the store-cupboard. Enjoy a taste of summer all year round. You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil 15 ml
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 Red chilies thinly sliced into rings
- 4 slices smoked streaky bacon finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram or oregano
- 400 g Artichoke tinned artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 100 g Peas frozen
- 1.25 liter Chicken stock
- 75 g Pasta dried pasta shapes, such as conchigliette or gnocchetti
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic, chilies and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the marjoram or oregano, artichokes and peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the soup.
- Season the soup to taste and divide between 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, then serve.