Chinese Foods: Szechuan Beef Recipe | Microwave
This simple recipe brings out the flavor of the beef .
- 1 lb rump steak, shredded
- 2 tbsps oil
- ½ dried chili pepper, crushed
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- ½ cup stock
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 3 sticks celery, shredded
- 1 sweet red pepper, shredded
- Heat a browning dish for 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Combine meat and oil and add to the dish. Cook 2 minutes on HIGH in 2 or 3 batches. Re-heat browning dish 2 minutes after each batch.
- Add the crushed chili pepper.
- Mix the soy sauce and stock and gradually stir into the cornstarch. Pour over the steak and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery and red pepper and mix together with the meat and sauce.
- Cook a further 1 minute on HIGH until the sauce has thickened but the vegetables are still crisp. #TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 6-18 minutes.# #COOK’S TIP: Do not substitute a cheaper cut of meat or the final result will be Tough Beef!#