Chicken And Tarragon Pesto Pasta
- 300 g dried penne
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 75 g pan-toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Grated zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 garlic clove, thinly chopped
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 100 g rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This really is a great dish – tarragon and chicken go together so well. Pesto can be made from most herbs, so don’t hesitate to try your own version in this recipe using one or more herb varieties. Let’s start making chicken and tarragon pesto pasta recipe# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and refresh the pasta in cold water, then drain thoroughly and toss in 4 tablespoons of the oil.
- To make the pesto, put the Parmesan, pine nuts, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, garlic and remaining oil in a jug and purée until smooth with a hand-held blender.
- Put the pasta, pesto, chicken and rocket in a serving bowl, season and toss well, coating the pasta and chicken evenly with the pesto.
- Variation Replace the chicken with steamed vegetables such as courgettes, sugarsnap peas, broad beans or runner beans for a meatfree dish packed with a variety of vitamins.