Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Organic Sprouted Rice Trio
- 2 (8 oz.) Packages sweet mini peppers (2 to 3-inch long)
- 1/2 pound Hot Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup Finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Finely shredded Italian 5-Cheese Blend, divided
- 2 tablespoons Fresh finely chopped basil
- #This recipe is one of the greatest comfort foods at its best! Its cheesy filling is creamy and satisfying and when paired with the sweet tomato sauce it is the perfect combination of flavors! This is my favorite version of stuffed peppers and super easy! Stuffing with chicken, cheese, and cilantro makes the peppers very flavorful and fun!# Heat oven to 400°F or 200C. Line 11 x 17-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add rice. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Cut each pepper in half, from stem to tip. Remove any pith or seeds.
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat, if necessary. Add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Stir in rice, marinara sauce, Italian Seasoning and salt. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and basil.
- Fill each pepper with sausage mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through and peppers are still crisp. Top with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.