Beef with Green Pepper, Tomato and Black Beans Recipe
Rump steak is needed for this recipe because of the quick cooking-cheaper cuts of meat would be too tough.
- 1 lb rump steak, cut into thin slices
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps dry sherry or rice wine
- 3 tbsps salted black beans
- 3 tbsps water
- 11/4 cups brown stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsps cornstarch dissolved in the stock
- 1 clove garlic, finely ground
- 1 large green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the steak, soy sauce and wine and leave to marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Crush the black beans and mix with the water. Leave to stand until ready to use.
- Combine all the ingredients in a shallow dish, except for the pepper and tomatoes. Cover the dish and cook on HIGH 7-9 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Once the sauce has cleared, add the pepper and tomatoes and cook 1 minute further on HIGH. #TlME: Preparation takes 30 minutes, microwave cooking takes 8-10 minutes.# #SERVING IDEA: Serve this dish with plain rice and garnish with green onions.#