Beef with Green Pepper and Chili Recipe | Chinese Style Beef
- 1 lb fillet of beef, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil for cooking
- 2 green peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 green chilies, sliced
- 2 tbsps chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Few drops sesame oil
- #The classic mix of beef and green pepper is given extra punch by the addition of chili peppers.# Marinate beef with the seasoning ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and stir-fry green pepper and onions for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Reheat wok, add 2-3 tbsps oil and fry ginger, garlic and green chilies for 1 minute.
- Add beef and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add sauce ingredients, mixed together, and the fried peppers and onions. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, remove ginger slice and serve. #Time# Preparation takes 30 minutes, cooking takes 10-12 minutes.