Buttery swordfish is baked to perfection in parchment paper.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 25 min
CALORIES: 518 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 4 large pieces non-stick baking paper
- 300 g (91/2 oz) assorted Asian greens (for example, bok choy,
- Choy sum, snow pea shoots)
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 4 stems coriander
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 stalks lemon grass, halved
- 4 green chillies, sliced
- Pepper and lime to serve
1 Line 4 bamboo steamers with non-stick baking paper and allow paper to generously overhang steamers.
2 Place mixed greens in the base of steamers. Wrap a coriander stem around each swordfish steak and place fish on greens.
3 Top swordfish steaks with lime leaves, lemon grass and chillies. Fold over baking paper to cover fish and put on steamer lid.
4 Place steamer over simmering water and steam for 4-5 minutes or until swordfish are cooked. Serve with cracked black pepper and lime wedges.
Calories: 518 Kcal
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 54 g
Protein: 47 g
- Butter mixture may be prepared several days ahead and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- You do not want swordfish that is gray in color with brown bloodlines. Swordfish is at its peak August through October but frozen swordfish can be found year-round.
- This recipe calls for vegetable oil, but any neutral oil will do. Avoid olive oil or any strong-flavored oil as it will change or overwhelm the marinade.