Angus Rib Eye with Arugula and Shaved Cheese
- 350 Rib eye steak U.S. Angus rib-eye steak
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon Shaved Parmesan
- for drizzling Extra virgin olive oil
- #Bistecca ai ferri (beef steak grilled over the fire) is sometimes called bistecca alla fiorentina; it is the signature dish of Florence, but the people of Cortona, in eastern Tuscany, also claim it as theirs.# Preheat the grill to 400CF or smoking hot, in order to get a good searing. You can use a hot flat grill, cast iron grill pan or open charcoal grill.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper. Rub steak with olive oil to prevent it from sticking on the grill. Grill steak to your preferred doneness.
- Arrange steak in a warm plate to maintain its temperature. Place a generous amount of baby arugula on top of the steak, and shaved Parmesan cheese or edam cheese.
- Drizzle with a good quality extra virgin olive oil. Serve with alfredo pasta or risotto.