Fillet Steak Chinese Style Recipe
- 8 oz fillet or rump steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese wine, or 2 tsps dry sherry
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp pornstarch
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce 4 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 can straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 can baby com, drained
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Green onion flowers (cut green onions into 2 inch lengths. Carefully cut into fine shreds, keeping one end intact, and then soak in ice cold water until curling)
- #Fillet steak is best for this quick-fry recipe.# Put steak in a bowl and sprinkle over baking soda.
- Mix together light soy sauce, sesame oil, wine, half the sugar, half the cornstarch, and seasoning. Pour over the steak and leave for at least one hour, turning meat occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by mixing 2 tbsps of dark soy sauce, remaining sugar and cornstarch, and water. Mix together and set aside.
- Heat wok, add peanut oil and, when hot, fry steak for 4 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add garlic, green onions, ginger, mushrooms, baby com, and finally steak.
- Add oyster sauce and mix well. Add sauce mixture and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice, garnished with green onion flowers. #TIME# Preparation takes 1 hour 15 minutes, cooking takes 20 minutes.