Conchigliette Soup | Easy Pasta Recipes
An incredibly speedy soup that has a wonderful, fresh flavour, yet is made almost entirely from ingredients found in the store-cupboard. Enjoy a taste of summer all year round. You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below:
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Olive oil
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 2 cloves, finely chopped Garlic
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced into rings Chillies
- 4 slices smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped Bacon
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram or Oregano
- 400 g (tinned artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered) Artichoke
- 100 g frozen Peas
- 1.25 litres Chicken stock
- 75 g (dried pasta shapes, such as conchigliette or gnocchetti) Pasta
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Freshly grated cheese Parmesan
- Conchigliette Soup Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic, chillies and bacon, and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the marjoram or oregano, artichokes and peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the soup. Season the soup to taste and divide between 4 bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then serve