Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
We added ginger and green vegetables – which naturally ward off cancer and arthritis – plus noodles for extra body to Thokozile Ngubane from Krugersdorp’s soup. These easy recipes will give you meals brimming with the nutrients you need to fight ageing and disease. My first Wisconsin winter was so cold, all I wanted to eat was homemade chicken noodle soup. SERVINGS: 4 PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes CALORIES: 100
- 20 ml (4 tsp) oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red curry paste
- 1/2 chilli, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, grated
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 820 g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes
- 315 ml (1% cups) chicken stock
- 410 g (1 can) coconut milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 200 g sugarsnap peas
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen peas
- 2 green peppers, cubed salt and pepper
- 1 packet dried noodles
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a heated pot fry the oil, red curry paste, chilli, ginger and spring onions. Add the chicken and brown for some colour.
- Add the tomatoes and fry. Add the stock and coconut milk and allow to simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add the sugar, broccoli, sugarsnap peas and frozen peas. Take care not to overcook the vegetables. They should still have a slight crunch. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl hydrate the noodles by pouring boiling water over them. Let stand for 2 minutes and loosely separate with a fork.
- In 4 serving bowls, divide the noodles and top up with soup Garnish with coriander and add a squeeze of lime.