PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 20 min
CALORIES: 320 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 500 g (1 lb) piece sirloin steak
- Cracked black pepper
- 150 g (5 oz) rocket (arugula), trimmed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shavings
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
1 Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until well browned, and set aside.
2 Slice beef into 8 steaks about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Sprinkle beef steaks with pepper. Increase heat under frypan to high.
3 Add steaks to pan and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until they are sealed and seared.
4 To serve, toss together rocket (arugula), parmesan, parsley, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Place 1 piece of steak on a warmed serving plate.
5 Top steak with a little of the rocket (arugula) mixture and another steak. Add more rocket (arugula) and finish with fried onion.
Calories: 320 Kcal
Fat: 20 g
Saturates: 6 g
Carbs: 3.6 g
Sugars: 2 g
Cholesterol: 9.0 mg
Sodium: 222.0 mg
Potassium: 15.9 mg