Zucchini Ribbon Salad Recipe
- #For The Dressing#
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- #For The Salad#
- 5-6 medium size firm zucchinis, washed, scrubbed and sliced lengthwise with a mandolin or a vegetable slicer into long, thin shavings
- 2 large bunches arugula, stems discarded
- A generous handful of Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced candied orange peels
- #Served as a starter on its own with crusty bread, this colorful salad could also easily accompany grilled or poached fish. The most important ingredient in this salad is freshness.# Make the dressing in a large bowl by whisking all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let flavors mingle for 5 – 10 minutes. Add paper thin zucchini slices and toss with fingers.
- Start assembling the salad by piling zucchini on individual plates as high as they go.
- Next throw arugula leaves into the bowl containing the dressing and toss gently. Mount on the zucchini. Arrange cheese shavings on the salad, forming the shape of a tent.
- Scatter the rest around the plate. A sprinkling of sesame seeds and strips of candied orange peel will complete the beautiful presentation, Dizzle any left over dressing on the plate around the salad.