Zucchini And Toasted Pine Nut Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, about 25 g
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 100 ml good olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- 400 g baby zucchinis, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- #This recipe hails from Sicily, where regional cooking abounds with vegetable-based recipes enhanced by the island’s glorious olive oil. The quality of the oil is as important as the freshness of the zucchinis in this dish, so use something special when making it.# Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and heat gently until golden brown all over. Take care because they burn easily. Leave to cool.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan and, when the garlic starts to turn golden, discard it. Add the zucchinis and stir-fry quickly until golden. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchinis and their cooking oil to the freshly cooked pasta. Stir well, sprinkle with the parsley and the toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.