Tagliatelle With Sun-Blush Tomatoes And Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 200 g dried tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 g sun-blush tomatoes in oil (or marinated in oil, garlic and oregano), roughly chopped
- 120 g fresh spinach, stalks removed and leaves shredded
- 10 pitted black olives, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese shavings, to serve
- #Satisfyingly quick to make and light to eat, the vitamin C in this dish will help with the absorption of iron found in the spinach. Let me tell you the recipe of tagliatelle with sun-blush tomatoes and toasted pine nuts without losing time.# Put the pine nuts in a dry frying pan and toast for a few minutes, turning occasionally, until light golden – keep an eye on them, as they burn easily.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, reserving 120 ml of the cooking water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, sun-blush tomatoes and spinach. Fry, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the olives, pasta and reserved cooking water. Season well and toss thoroughly over low heat until heated through and combined.
- Transfer to 2 serving plates or bowls and serve sprinkled with the Parmesan shavings, plus salt and pepper to taste.