Summer Minestrone Soup | Easy Pasta Recipes
- 50g (small dried pasta shapes, such as anellini or fedelini) Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 red, chopped Onion
- 1 clove, finely chopped Garlic
- 2 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced 150 g baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 coarsely chopped Plum Tomatoes
- 1.25 litres stock vegetable
- 150g thinly sliced runners beans
- 2 tbsp (fresh) pesto
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- freshly grated parmesan
- #This is a very light, fragrant version of a soup that can sometimes be rather heavy. It has added sparkle thanks to the last-minute addition of fresh pesto.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in another large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 3 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and beans, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Add the drained pasta, stir in the pesto, and season to taste. Divide between 4 bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan, then serve.