Shrimp and Lettuce Soup | Microwave Recipe
This unusual sounding recipe is wonderfully tasty with its distinctly Chinese consistency.
- 4 oz rice
- 1 quart hot chicken stock
- 1 piece fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cups peeled, cooked shrimp
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded
- Put the rice, stock and ginger into a large, deep bowl. Partially cover and cook 12 minutes on HIGH, stirring often.
- Cook until the rice softens completely.
- Add the shrimp, lettuce and salt. Leave the soup to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Shrimp should heat through in the stock. #TlME: Preparation takes 10 minutes, microwave cooking takes 12 minutes plus 5 minutes standing time.# #COOK’S TIP: Use your favorite lettuce in this soup.#