Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 2 fennel bulbs,trimmed and quartered
- 500 g / 1 lb squash or pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2-3 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 10 Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed (if large then halved)
- 1 quince, cored and cut into large chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed whole
- Rosemary sprigs
- Thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- #I love vegetables grilled in the oven or on a cast iron grill (or griddle) pan on the stove. The grill marks also offer an attractive finish. Every one has their favorite vegetables and I have chosen my favorites for this recipe. Use fresh herbs and spices to give a fresh aroma to the vegetables. Cut vegetables into almost the same size for even baking. It is so completely effortless to prepare this dish that you may find yourself grilling almost any vegetable you have in your refrigerator. I like to try a variety of herbs and spices— onions with sage; root vegetables and squash or pumpkin with thyme or even cumin; fruits with coriander seeds and so on. Do create your own combinations.# Preheat oven to 400 °F / 200 °C. Brush a large roasting pan lightly with oil. Put all vegetables into pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and mix by hands so all vegetable pieces are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sprigs of rosemary and thyme in between the vegetables. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes or until vegetables are soft and browned around the edges.
- Serve luke warm and drizzle with balsamic vinegar if you wish. Or grill a few lemon halves on the griddle pan (until grill marks appear) to squeeze on the vegetables.