Pumpkin and Pear Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 750 g / 1 1/2 lb pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 large pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery root, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- #For Garnish#
- Chopped parsley
- #I love pumpkin. So here is a recipe I came across in an old recipe book and have improvised. The pumpkin melts into a smooth background. As this soup sits, the flavors Will develop, so feel free to make it a few days before serving. It tastes fantastic and is so easy to prepare. Feel free to improvise as well. Who knows, you may end up with a better recipe.# Sweat the onions in oil and butter in a soup pot over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir and shake the pot a few times to avoid browning. Add pear, pumpkin, celery and potato. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato and broth. Season With salt and pepper. Simmer steadily for about 20 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender (or in a food processor, in batches) and then pass through a sieve for a Silky texture. Return to pot, stir in milk and heat until hot. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- If soup is too thick add more milk. Garnish with chopped parsley. Sprinkle Oven-dried Zucchini over soup.