Pine Nut, Basil and Balsamic Dressing Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons extra – virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- #A crunchy dressing which is great aver a green salad or steamed vegetables. We are using the original method of making pesto – pounding and bashing to produce the crunchy texture. It is fun.# Place garlic in your mortar and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Pound into a pulp with the pestle.
- Add the basil leaves and press and bash to incorporate. Then do the same with the pine nuts.
- Spoon this fixture into a bowl and mix in oil and vinegar whisking vigorously until emulsified.
- Taste and season to your taste.