Party Food Recipes: Ham Rolls with Horseradish Cream
- 8 slices roast ham
- 7 fl oz (200ml) double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 orange
- 8 stuffed olives
- Place the slices of ham individually on a kitchen board.
- Whip the cream with the salt until very stiff and stir in the horseradish and orange juice.
- Spread half of each slice of ham with all but two tablespoons of the mixture, and roll up the slices.
- With a teaspoon, fill the larger opening of each roll with the remaining horseradish cream, and arrange the rolls on a flat dish.
- Wash and dry the orange, and without peeling it, cut into thin slices.
- Cut the orange slices in half and use to garnish the dish, together with the stuffed olives. #COOK’S TIP# If you have no fresh horseradish you can use ready-grated, bottled horseradish. In this case you should add more seasoning to the cream, since bottled horseradish has less taste than the fresh variety.