Diet Drinks: Berry and Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
Berries are widely available frozen with no effect on nutritional value, which makes them not only great to have to hand just when needed but also ideal for the winter months. Avocado adds good fats to this antioxidant-packed smoothie and gives it a creamy texture without adding dairy. Lacing with vanilla extract is also a clever trick to increase the perceived sweetness without adding sugar or honey. A note from Eatopic: If you don’t have any avocado for this smoothie, replace with a small banana or 2 heaped tablespoons natural unsweetened yoghurt.
- 100 g strawberries
- 100g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds (optional)
- 200-250ml apple juice, freshly pressed not from concentrate (200ml
- for fresh berries, more for frozen berries)
- 1 scant teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses to serve.