Blueberry and Pistachio Bircher Recipe | Healthy Diet Food
Bircher muesli was originally developed by a Swiss doctor to help restore his patients’ health. The base is great for all the family as it’s soft enough for babies and children to enjoy. The rest of the family can play around with the recipe to include their favourite nuts, seeds and fresh or dried fruits. The oats will provide slow release energy to help ward off hunger throughout the morning. Just one warning -it’s easy to get obsessed with!
- Approx. 100ml apple juice, freshly pressed not from concentrate
- 50g porridge oats (not jumbo)
- 1 small apple
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened natural yoghurt (about 4% fat)
- 20g pistachio nut kernels
- 30g blueberries
- Slowly pour apple juice over the oats until it’s just visible around the edge then leave to rest for at least 10 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Core and coarsely grate the apple, leaving the skin on. Mix the apple and yoghurt into the oats and top with the nuts and blueberries.