Beans with Bamboo Shoots Recipe | Microwave
An unusual combination which is wonderfully tasty. TIME: Preparation takes 30 minutes, microwave cooking takes 4 minutes.
- 6 pieces Chinese black fungi (tree or wood ears), soaked 30 minutes
- 8 oz green beans, cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces
- 2 whole pieces canned bamboo shoots, cut into thin triangular pieces
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 4 tbsps light stock and wine mixed
- Dash sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a browning dish for 5 minutes on HIGH. Pour in the oil and add the beans and bamboo shoots. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Add the tree ears, cover the dish and leave to stand while preparing the sauce.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except the sesame oil in a glass measure. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH, stirring once until thickened.
- Combine with the vegetables and stir in the sesame oil to serve.