Watermelon And Salad Greens Recipe
- #For the dressing#
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- #For The Salad#
- 2 cups cubes of watermelon
- 2-3 cups salad greens
- 1 cucumber
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- #This is a refreshing salad alongside any grilled meat. Prepare the salad just before you are ready to serve. When butting cubes of watermelon try to cut them out of pieces closest to the peel. Choose the freshest greens and include baby spinach leaves as well as loads of parsley and mint leaves. The fresh greens, mildly sweet and juicy fruit and tangy sauce provide a lively contrast in this salad—an excellent choice for a summer salad.# Peel the skin off the cucumber in alternating, lengthways strips, creating a striped effect. Halve It lengthways. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Then slice to desired thickness. Transfer to a sieve suspended over the sink. Sprinkle with salt and let rest for half an hour.
- Finally rinse, drain and squeeze out the moisture with your hands. Then soak the green onions in ice-cold water to take away the raw taste. Rinse and pat dry.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add watermelon and all remaining Ingredients you have prepared . Toss to coat evenly and scatter mint or sage leaves over the salad.
- Take care to serve immediately so that the greens retain their crisp texture.