Vegetable Terrine With Beet Sauce Recipe
- #This terrine has a delicate, mellow taste and a smooth texture. It pairs well with the Beet Sauce making a pleasing color contrast. Bake it in one large dish or Individual ramekins.# Preheat oven to 325 °F / 160 °C.
- Drop the cauliflower florets into boiling water. About 5 minutes later the broccoli florets should join them. Cook until just crisp tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. In another pan cook carrot cubes until crisp tender. Drain and rinse. Vegetables can be prepared one day ahead and refrigerated.
- When ready to continue with the recipe, bring to room temperature and…
- Mix together the milk and crème fraîche. Add the whisked eggs. Then season generously. Next place vegetables in buttered terrine form of your choice.
- I sometimes use a cake pan and it works just as well. Then pour milk and cream mixture over the vegetables and place the form In large pan. Pour hot water to come halfway up the terrine form.
- It helps to place a folded newspaper page in the water under the terrine form. This prevents it from sliding every which way when moved around in the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until custard is firmly set. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Then run a knife around the edge and unmold on a flat surface. Cut into 3-4 cm thick slices. Serve 2 pieces over beet sauce.
- Try this: Add 1/2 cup each yellow and red pepper, diced into small pieces. Blanche them with the carrots or mix them raw into the custard for a crunchy texture.