Turkey Soup with Black Mushrooms Recipe | Easy Chinese Cuisine
- 6 oz turkey breast meat 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 oz dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked for 15 minutes in warm water
- 3¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 slice fresh root ginger
- Salt and pepper
- #An unusual blend of flavors which makes a tasty, warming soup.# Cut the turkey meat into thick slices and then into small cubes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir-fry the meat until brown. Remove from the pan and drain off any excess oil.
- Cook the mushrooms in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Place the mushrooms in a saucepan with the stock. Stir in the meat, soy sauce, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Remove the slices of ginger just before serving. Serve the soup very hot. #SERVING IDEA# Sprinkle the soup with 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives before serving. #WATCHPOINT# Don’t forget to remove the slice of ginger before serving.