Tuna, Chilli And Rocket Pasta Salad With Feta
- 400 g large dried pasta shells such as lumaconi
- 65 ml olive oil
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 red chili large, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons small salted capers rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 400 g tinned tuna chunks in oil well drained
- 50 g feta cheese crumbled
- 50 g rocket
- Sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain well and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan set over high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli and capers and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the vinegar and cook for another minute.
- Add the tuna and use a fork to roughly break up any larger chunks, without mushing the tuna too much.
- Add the tuna mixture to the bowl with the pasta.
- Add the feta and rocket and gently toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Serve warm or cold, as desired, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Any large, open pasta shape will work, you may use lumaconi here, which translated from the Italian means ‘big snail shells’.