Tuna and White Bean Salad Recipe | Healthy Diet Foods
This is a bright and nutritionally balanced salad that is really quick to prepare and, although it is great served straight away, it gets better over time so is perfect to be made in the morning and eaten at lunchtime. The salt releases all of the juice from the tomatoes and mixes superbly with the olive oil from the tin of tuna making a seriously good dressing with minimal effort!
- 1x200g tin tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/2 medium orange pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 150g vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into quarters if small or eighths if large
- Small handful fresh coriander, tender stalks and leaves chopped, plus a few leaves to garnish
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Pinch of flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
- Empty the contents of the tin of tuna, including olive oil, into a large serving bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly and season with sea salt flakes.
- Serve scattered with a few coriander leaves or rest in the refrigerator to garnish and eat later.