Tossed Zucchini Ribbons And Pasta
This dish is very quick to make and relies on just a few key ingredients. It goes extremely well with grilled fish or meat.
- 400 g dried pappardelle pasta
- 200 g zucchinis, very thinly sliced length ways
- Finely grated zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A bunch of chives, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions. Add the zucchini to the pasta for the final 3 minutes of cooking.
- Put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl, add the oil and mix. Add the chives, salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and zucchinis and return them to the pan. Add the lemon juice mixture and toss well to coat. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and serve immediately.