Tomato and Cucumber Salad Recipe (Salade de Tomates et Concombre)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 30 ml/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 90 ml/3 fl oz/ 1/3 cup crème fraîche or soured cream
- 30 ml/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint or 5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cucumber in a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt and 15 ml/ 1 tbsp of the vinegar and toss with 5 or 6 ice cubes.
- Chill for 1 hour to crisp, then rinse, drain and pat dry. Return to the bowl, add the cream, pepper and mint and stir to mix well. Arrange the tomato slices on a serving plate, sprinkle with the remaining vinegar, and spoon the cucumber slices into the center.