Tagliatelle With Broccoli, Anchovies, Parmesan And Creme Fraiche
- 175 g dried tagliatelle
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 100 g creme fraiche
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- #You can save time and washing up here by cooking the broccoli in the same pan as the pasta. If it’s in season, use purple sprouting broccoli. The anchovies are already very salty, so it’s best to taste a forkful before adding any more salt.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions. Add the broccoli to the pasta 3-4 minutes before the end of cooking. Drain the pasta and the broccoli well and reserve around 4 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Wipe out the pan and add the oil. Cook the garlic, chilli flakes and anchovies over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the creme fraTche, season with a little pepper and bring to the boil. Return the cooked broccoli and pasta to the pan, adding a little of the reserved cooking water if necessary to thin the sauce down. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.