Sweet and Sour Cabbage | Chinese Style Recipe
A tasty combination which suits cabbage perfectly.
- 1 lb white cabbage, shredded
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock or water Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Boil the cabbage in a large pan of water with the baking soda, salt and sugar for 2- 3 minutes. Drain the cabbage and discard the boiling water.
- Keep the cabbage in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep on one side.
- Heat the wok and add the oil. Fry the cabbage until it is heated through. Remove on to a serving dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients, stir well, add to the wok and gently bring to the boil, stirring. Stir over the heat until the sauce thickens. Pour over the cabbage and serve immediately. #TIME: Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 10 minutes.# #COOK’S TIP: The red food coloring is optional as it only accentuates the color.#