Strawberries in Wine Recipe
- 1 package strawberry flavored jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups chilled sweet wine or fruit wine (such as strawberry or cranberry)
- 500 g / 1 lb strawberries, washed, hulled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- #A wonderful way of presenting fruit desserts. It is so very easy to make. Try this recipe with other fruits like peaches or apricots or sour cherries, (Add more sugar than the recipe calls for if you choose to use sour cherries.)# Measure enough strawberry flavor gelatin to set 4 cups of liquid. First dissolve gelatin in 1 cup hot water. Then stir in chilled wine.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a shallow, large dish and chill until set, preferably overnight. About 1 hour before serving toss strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Chill until ready to assemble dessert. It would be a great idea to chill dessert glasses as well. Break gelatin into small flakes with a fork and scramble completely.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of gelatin into each of the 6 dessert glasses. Top with a layer of strawberry slices.
- Repeat two or more times with layers of gelatin and fruit. Drizzle a little juice from the berries over the top. Sprinkle with chocolate curls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.