Stir-Fried Sticky Rice Recipe | Chinese Style
Glutinous rice cooked with stir-fried mushrooms, ginger and green onions.
- 9 oz glutinous rice 2 tbsps oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 slice fresh ginger root
- 4 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked for 15 minutes in warm water, drained and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the rice in plenty of cold water and place it in a sieve. Pour 5 1/2 cups boiling water over the rice.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the green onions, onion and ginger until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring and shaking the wok frequently.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour over enough water to cover the rice by 1/2 inch.
- Cover and cook over a moderate heat until there is almost no liquid left. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed. This takes approximately 20 minutes in total.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remove the slice of ginger, and serve immediately. #TIME: Preparation takes 5 minutes and cooking takes approximately 25 minutes.# #VARIATION: Replace the water with beef stock to give the rice more flavor.#