Stir-fried Rice with Peppers Recipe
Long grain rice stir-fried with red and green peppers, onions and soy sauce.
- 6 oz long grain rice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook the rice in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion, add the peppers and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the rice to the wok, stir in the soy sauce and continue cooking until the rice is heated through completely.
- Season with salt, pepper and the sesame oil, and serve. #TIME: Preparation takes 5 minutes and cooking takes approximately 25 minutes.# #VARIATION: If you like the strong flavor of sesame oil, stir-fry the vegetables and rice in this instead of the peanut oil.# #WATCHPOINT: Do not overcook the rice in Step 1, or it will become sticky in Step 3.#