Steamed Shrimp Recipe | Chinese Seafood
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsps sugar
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 12 fresh shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, peeled and the peel cut into long strips
- #Fresh shrimp, garnished with zucchini peel, steamed and served with a fish-flavored sauce.# Mix together the fish sauce, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, mint, shallot and salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside for a least 1 hour.
- Just before serving time, season the shrimp with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Roll the strips of zucchini peel around the shrimp and cook them in a Chinese steamer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp piping hot, accompanied with the sauce. #TIME# Preparation takes about 20 minutes and cooking takes about 10 minutes for 2 batches. #COOK’S TIP# If the strips of zucchini peel are not very pliable, blanch them in boiling water for 3 seconds, before wrapping around the shrimp. #WATCHPOINT# The sauce can be prepared just before cooking the shrimp, but it is much tastier if prepared at least 1 hour in advance.