Steamed Cabbage Rolls with Fish and Crab-Meat
- 8 large Chinese cabbage leaves
- ½ lb filleted white fish
- 2 slices ginger root
- 1½ tsps salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ lb crab meat
- #This dish can be served as an appetizer for four people or as a main dish for two.# Pour boiling water over the cabbage to soften. Drain and dry well.
- Chop the fish coarsely. Finely chop the ginger. Place the fish and ginger in a bowl with the salt, egg white, sesame oil and crab meat. Mix well.
- Place 2 cabbage leaves on a flat surface. Put fish mixture into the center of each of the leaves. Roll the leaves up to form a tight roll.
- Repeat until all the fish mixture has been used.
- Insert the fish rolls into a steamer. Steam vigorously for 10-12 minutes. Place the cooked rolls on a heated platter and serve with soy sauce, and chili sauce as dips. #TIME# Preparation takes about 15 minutes, cooking takes 10-12 minutes. #BUYING GUIDE# If you cannot obtain fresh crab meat use the canned variety.