Spreads and Fillings: Emmental Spread
- 8 oz (225g) Emmental cheese
- 4 canned baby sweet corn cobs, drained
- 10 stuffed olives
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Small bunch fresh mixed herbs (dill, chives, parsley and rosemary) or a generous pinch of each herb in its dried form
- 6 oz (175 g) soft butter
- 1 teaspoon pickled green peppercorns (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Finely dice the cheese. Finely chop the sweet corn cobs and olives.
- Peel and crush the garlic, and wash, dry and chop the fresh herbs, if used.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Work in the cheese, sweet corn, olives, garlic and herbs.
- Drain and add the peppercorns, if used. Season to taste, cover and leave to stand in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. #COOK’S TIP# These spreads are only mildly seasoned. If you prefer hotter, saltier or sharper spreads, season accordingly.