Spreads and Fillings: Egg and Pepper Spread
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 7oz (200g) soft butter
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each celery salt, white pepper, curry powder and cayenne pepper
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Place the egg yolks and butter in a bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Finely dice the egg whites. Wash the pepper, remove the seeds and dice the flesh finely, together with the onion.
- Stir the diced egg white, pepper and onion into the butter and egg yolk mixture.
- Season with salt, celery salt, pepper, curry powder and cayenne.