Spiced Pears Recipe
- 250 ml / 1 cup verjus or any strong vinegar of your choice
- 1 tablespoons mustard seeds, crushed lightly
- 3 whole clovesone stick of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 large pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- #The sweetness of the pears is a good foil for the spicy flavor of the sauce. These spiced pears accompany cheese fantastically -especially Brie or Camembert, Prepare individual serving plates of cheese and pears for an effortless yet dramatic ending to any meal instead of serving a cheese platter. Serve chilled Riesling wine with this cheese dessert.# Boil and then simmer all the ingredients, except the pears and mustard, In a saucepan over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the pears and continue simmering until the pears are tender.
- Remove the pears with a slotted spoon. Continue simmering the liquid until syrupy. Whisk in the mustard.
- Taste and sweeten further as necessary. Pour syrup over the pears.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to serve with an assortment of cheeses of your choice. Accompany dessert with walnut halves.