Spiced Lentils Recipe
- 3 Vegetable oil (tablespoons vegetable oil)
- 1 Garlic clove clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 Cumin (teaspoon cumin)
- 1/4 Turmeric
- 1 Coriander
- 1/4 Cayenne pepper
- 3 Chopped tomatoes (large tomatoes, chopped)
- 1 Minced gincer (teaspoon ginger, minced)
- 2×400 Lentils undrained (cans lentils, undrained)
- Lemon juice aioli (squeeze lemon juice aioli (or yoghurt))
- White rice (Optional: white rice, cooked)
- #This is enough for two people by itself, or the same quantity served with white rice and topped with yoghurt instead of aioli will feed four. “An ideal dish for a low-fat and low-sodium diet.”# Place oil, garlic and onion in a saucepan and cook over low heat until onion is soft.
- Add spices and stir 1 minute. Add tomato and ginger and cook until tomato is soft.
- Add lentils and lemon juice and heat through. If possible, let stand for a few minutes to allow the lentils to absorb the spices.
- Serve with a dollop of aioli (or yoghurt).