Special Mixed Vegetables Recipe
This dish illustrates the basic stir-frying technique for vegetables.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 Chinese cabbage leaves, shredded
- 2 oz flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 oz bamboo shoots, sliced
- 3 sticks celery, diagonally sliced
- 2 oz baby com, cut in half if large
- 1 small red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- Dash sesame oil
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the ingredients in the order given, reserving the soy sauce, sesame oil and tomatoes.
- To make it easier to peel the tomatoes, remove the stems and place in boiling water for 5 seconds.
- Remove from the boiling water with a draining spoon and place in a bowl of cold water. This will make the peels easier to remove. Cut out the core end using a small sharp knife.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and then in quarters. Use a teaspoon or a serrated edged knife to remove the seeds and the cores.
- Cook the vegetables for about 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and add the tomatoes. Heat through for 30 seconds and serve immediately. #TIME: Preparation takes about 25 minutes, cooking takes about 2-3 minutes.# #VARIATION: Other vegetables such as broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, snow peas, zucchini or French beans may be used.# #SERVING IDEA: Serve as a side dish or as a vegetarian main dish with plain or fried rice.#