Spaghetti With Mussels, Prawns, Lemon And Garlic
- 1 kg fresh mussels or clams, in their shells
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 400 g dried spaghetti or linguine
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350-400 g large uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- Grated zest and 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed juice, plus extra to taste of ½ unwaxed lemon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Seafood has its own sweetness that is always delicious with the sharpness of lemon. Together with gently cooked garlic and fiery red chilli, this makes a classic sauce to toss through cooked pasta – use a thin pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine. There is no need to serve Parmesan with this dish. Let’s have a delicious spaghetti with mussels, prawns, lemon and garlic dinner together.# Scrub the mussels thoroughly and discard any that still gape open after cleaning. Put the wine and shallot in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Add the mussels, cover tightly and cook over high heat for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan 2 or 3 times, until all the mussels have opened. Drain, retaining the liquid and discard any mussels that haven’t opened. Shell the mussels, retaining a few in the shell for serving.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the oil In a wide pan over very low heat and let warm. Add the chilli flakes and cook very gently for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic. Keep the heat very low – the garlic should barely bubble and certainly not brown – and shake the pan from time to time. Allow about 5 minutes for the flavours to infuse the oil. Add the prawns and cook gently until they turn pink and opaque, then put them on a plate. Add the mussel cooking liquid, lemon zest and lemon juice to the pan and cook quickly to reduce by a few spoonfuls. Add the cooked mussels and prawns to heat through.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, then toss it immediately with the seafood and parsley, adding a little extra lemon juice to taste. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls, season with pepper and serve immediately with extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top.
Make spaghetti with clams, mussels, and cherry tomatoes for dinner this week https://t.co/034DwaJVOJ pic.twitter.com/W2qi4O7Omj — MUNCHIES (@munchies) 4 Haziran 2017