Spaghetti With Butternut Squash, Sage And Pecorino
- 65 ml olive oil
- 400 g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10-12 small sage leaves
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 50g pecorino cheese, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This tasty pasta dish is inspired by the classic pumpkin-filled ravioli with sage butter. This inside-out version is much easier to make. Butternut squash has been used here, but you could use any winter squash, including pumpkin.# Put the oil in a frying pan set over high heat. Add the squash and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning often, until golden but not breaking up. Add the garlic and sage to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to allow the flavours to develop.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and return to the warm pan.
- Add the squash mixture, the parsley and half of the pecorino and season well. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls, sprinkle with the remaining pecorino and serve.